Terms of Reference
Consultancy Assignment for Stakeholder Analysis and Mapping of Civil Society Organisations in Zimbabwe
Deadline: 12 October 2018 (12.00 hours)
The National Association of Non-Governmental Organisations (NANGO) and its partners, i.e. SAPST, SMAIAS, ZAN & ZiCHIRe seeks proposals from Consultants to carry out an in-depth mapping exercise of civil society organisations in Zimbabwe that are involved in monitoring, evaluation and advocacy in the three focal areas of the National Indicative Program (NIP) i.e. health, agriculture based economic development and governance & institution building.
The stakeholder mapping exercise is expected to provide NANGO and its partners with information that can help create a platform for long term joint monitoring and advocacy of the NIP program.
Scope of work
- Mapping of CSOs involved in monitoring, evaluation and advocacy in the three focal areas of the NIP;
- Provide the stakeholders’ organisational background, goals, objectives and categorize them based on their interest and /or the above three focal areas;
- Map where the different stakeholders’ activities are located geographically;
- Program areas or type of projects (e.g. health, agriculture based economic development, governance, human rights, women’s rights, gender, raining/capacity building, research and monitoring, livelihood, Wash, advocacy) being implemented inclusive of components;
- SWOT analysis of the organisations;
- Identify capacity building needs of the organisations;
- Contact details including address, phone number, E-mail and contact person.
- Membership and/or participation in national, regional and/or international NGO forums and networks.
The Consultant will be expected compile, assess, and synthesize key organisational information and produce a comprehensive report containing the listing and mapping of CSOs/ CBOs involved in projects that relate to the three focal areas of the NIP.
Description and mapping of other private sector organisations involved in the NIP including a compilation of relevant corporate information
The work will be conducted between 25 & 31 October 2018. Final report is expected to be completed and submitted by the 1st of November 2018.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Zimbabwe civil society landscape and CSOs working on various issues in all the country’s provinces;
- Solid understanding of the dynamics, issues and familiarity with non-governmental sector activities and initiatives especially those aimed at strengthening civil society; promote good governance, socio-economic development, public health issues and relevant government policies and structures.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree and several years' relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in a similar research capacity, and in synthesis and preparation of strategic information for decision-makers;
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and NGO
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Skills in report writing and facilitation and ability to meaningfully engage with different stakeholders (civil society, government, academia, private)
Interested Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their suitability for the assignment:
- Technical Proposal detailing proposed methodology of work and approach
- Financial proposal in USD and a work plan;
- Detailed Curricula Vitae (CV) including past relevant experience;
- 3 (three) contactable references;
- Deadline for Submissions
- Proposal submissions in sealed envelopes marked CSO MAPPING must reach the following address by 12:00 hours on 12 October 2018: NANGO Head Office, 15 Bodle Avenue, Eastlea, Harare, Zimbabwe.
Alternatively applications can be submitted electronically to email@example.com.