2019 Theme: Inclusive spaces and partnerships for improved public accountability, transparency and effective development
To read the inaugural issue of the NGO Expo Magazine. Click on the link below
Please convey true merits of a candidate.
This year’s International Day for Universal Access to Information Day (IDUAI) commemorated annually on 28 September comes at a timely moment for Zimbabwe to enact a democratic access to information law following the gazetting of the country’s Freedom of Information Bill.
The Southern Africa Human Rights Defenders Network (the SAHRDN or the Network) observed the 23 October 2019 General Elections in Botswana.
Are you an NGO Director interested in co-creating priority policy recommendations, enhancing your capacity and knowledge of contemporary effective governance frameworks and deliberating on national development policies with other CSO leaders, government officials and development partners?
Part I – Brief analysis of the context and past EU engagement
1. The State of Civil Society
During the month of July in 2019 NANGO held sensititaion meetings in Midlands, Manicaland and Mashonaland East. The aim of the meetings was to ensure that citizens are informed about the Transitional Stabilisation Program which was introduced by the Ministry of Finance in October 2018.
Zimbabwe is living through one of its worst winters; with no electricity and no fuel.
The Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions (ZCTU) is seriously concerned with negative effect of the 2019 Mid-Term Fiscal Policy Review and Supplementary Budget State
There is heightened public interest worldwide in the role of Non Profir Organisations. Good governance, effective risk management and honest performance reporting are not optional extras.
Inclusive spaces and partnerships for improved public accountability, transparency and effective development
1. The 2019 Mid-Year Budget Review seeks to update the nation at large on the performance of the economy during the first half of the year.
2. On the basis of recent developments, the Review outlines an updated Macro-Fiscal Framework, which underpins the proposed 2019 Supplementary Budget.
3. To the extent possible, contributions received from various stakeholders in Government, private sector and civic organisations, are acknowledged and appreciated in the crafting of this Review.
4. What is important is to remain steadfast in implementing key reforms, hence the theme for this Review: ‘Building a Strong Foundation for Future Prosperity’.